Sam Bankman-Fried’s Former Friends Pleaded Guilty and are Cooperating in the FTX Fraud Case

Former FTX co-founder Gary Wang and former Alameda Research CEO Caroline Ellison are facing up to 50 years and 110 years in prison, respectively.

Caroline Ellison and Zixiao “Gary” Wang, two executives in Sam Bankman-Fried’s fallen crypto empire, have pleaded guilty to federal charges and are cooperating with prosecutors. The news was announced late Wednesday by Damian Williams, the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

Williams didn’t specify the charges the two pled to but said the guilty pleas were related to their roles as insiders at FTX and its sister company Alameda Research. Wang was a co-founder of the FTX cryptocurrency exchange and owned 10 percent of Alameda Research. (Bankman-Fried owned the other 90 percent.) Ellison served as CEO of Bankman-Fried’s trading company Alameda Research.

Ellison pleaded guilty to seven counts, according to The Washington Post. She faces up to 110 years in prison, WaPo says. Wang pleaded guilty to four counts and faces up to 50 years in prison.

Read More at The Verge

Read the rest at The Verge